Gardeco Cast Iron Cooking Iron
Cast Iron Cooking Iron
This Gardeco long-handled shell-shaped cast iron cooking tool is designed to cook any food inside a real fire with minimal smoke effect on the taste of the food. Food is placed inside the cast iron shell and the iron is then clamped shut and placed directly into the fire.
The cast iron heats up and cooks the food inside. Food is cooked in a matter of minutes. Any food used for barbecues can be used, as well as many other types. Cooking irons can also be used to heat up foods such as buns or croissants. The long handle is designed for easy reach over the fire without risk of burns.
Sized for individual portion. Cast iron is extremely hardwearing and durable, so can be used in any real fire, large or small.
- Cooking iron made out of cast iron
- Ideal for foods that need flipping
- The cook iron consists of two connected parts which become a square shell construction
- The long handle prevents you from burning yourself
- The wooden grip is shaped so it is comfortable and stable to hold
- The cooking iron must be cleaned, dried and coated with vegetable oil before and after use
- Be careful touching the iron its cooling time is much longer than usual cooking tools
- 11 cm x 54 cm
- Cast Iron, steel handle with wooden grip
Hints and Tips:
- Cast iron accessories should be pre-heated for best results.
- Always coat the inside with oil or butter of all accessories to prevent food sticking.
- Butter tastes better than oil for waffles and pancakes.
- A small brush is useful for oiling or buttering surfaces.
- A flat spatula is useful to release foods from the accessory.
For best results, spread oil or butter inside the two parts of the iron before placing food, turn the iron round in the fire every minute or so, to prevent food burning.
Ideal for use on chimeneas, fire bowls, BBQ's or any other type of real fire.
The cooking iron itself is made of cast iron. Wash before use. Wash after use, dry and coat in oil. Will rust if left outside. Will rust if left un-washed. Will rust if not coated with oil after use.
Cast iron becomes very hot while in use and may remain hot a long time after taking out of the fire. Do not touch before it is cool.
Care and Maintenance:
- BBQ grills and other accessories are coated with vegetable cooking oil during manufacture but may have gathered dirt and dust therefore need to be cleaned in hot water and detergent to remove any foreign matter and debris.
- After cleaning and drying, cooking accessories are best lightly coated with vegetable cooking oil before use.
- After use, they need to be cleaned again with hot water and detergent and coated with vegetable cooking oil before storing. NEVER USE MINERAL OIL.
- If you do not oil cooking accessories they will rust, this could happen after first use. If you wash cooking accessories with water and don't coat with cooking oil rust can occur in a matter of hours.
- After use the surfaces of the cooking accessories in direct contact with the fire will be covered in black carbon soot. Soot can be washed off with hot water and household detergent or washing up liquid. Be careful because black soot residues will mark surfaces, tea towels or washing up cloths. All soot must be removed before oiling and storage.
**FREE SHIPPING UK MAINLAND**
Where does firepit.co.uk deliver?
We deliver FREE to mainland United Kingdom.
There may be additional charges for the the Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands and Northern Ireland.
Please contact for a delivery quote, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0800 949 4040.
When we receive your order, we provide you with a confirmation email.
When ordering, we pre-authorise your payment method and check our warehouse or suppliers to ensure that your item is available for dispatch.
In the event that your items are unavailable, we remove the pre-authorisation and we will inform you of our actions. When items are available, we process the charges and prepare to dispatch your order.
How will my order be delivered?
All orders will be delivered using the fastest, safest, and most reliable methods.
Once we process your payment, we dispatch your items within the delivery time frame stated on the product page.
We will choose the most suitable delivery method and courier after you order. It's not possible to choose a courier or delivery method yourself.
Many of the items that we sell are large and it is essential that we are informed of addresses with difficult access for large vehicles. Some carriers will charge additional fees if a delivery is abandoned due to access issues.
If access is difficult to your delivery address, please leave a note when checking out or send us an email on email@example.com. FirePit.co.uk will not be responsible for additional charges when we or the courier are not informed of access difficulties.
Have a question about this product? Send it to us via the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.